Jamie Downie, LMSW, DBT, CBT, REBT
Jamie has experience working with individuals of all backgrounds and is focused on supporting clients so they can reach their full potential. He specializes in working with individuals of all developmental stages experiencing anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship issues, life transitions, struggles with substance use, and additional pressures that impact those in the LGBTQ+ community.
He earned his Masters of Social Work at New York University Silver School of Social Work, graduating Summa Cum Laude with an additional focus on substance use treatment and co-occurring disorders.
Jamie specializes in meeting each client where they are and uses a creative yet structured thought process to tailor the therapeutic relationship to each individual. He believes in providing an honest, comfortable, and welcoming environment to support clients in achieving their goals.
Jamie leads through an integrative strengths-based approach based on the clients’ needs. His therapeutic style centers the relationship with the client at the core and introduces tailored interventions for each client’s personal journey and goals. It draws from a variety of modalities, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), motivational interviewing, and psychodynamic therapy. Jamie has continued to enhance his clinical practice with the following fields of training:
- The Albert Ellis Institute – Primary Certificate Practicum in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- PESI – Adapting Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Everyday Clinical Needs Advanced
- PESI – Personality Disorders: Advanced Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management
- PESI Suicidality: Assessment and Intervention
- National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center: Foundations of LGBTQIA+ Health