GET TO KNOW ANTOINETTE
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks and Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
Most enjoyable activity in your free time
What do you appreciate the most about working at GTS?
The community support at GTS is akin to a family, characterized by mutual respect and filled with affectionate and supportive feedback.
Thailand and Bali
Favorite movie genre
The preferred genres of music
Hip-hop and Pop Punk
Favorite fun board game
We're Not Really Strangers
Antoinette Bonafede, LMSW, DBT, REBT
Antoinette recognizes that initiating therapy can be tough due to trust-building. Leveraging her warm, positive nature, she helps clients feel comfortable and prepared to explore fresh perspectives about themselves.
For Antoinette, teamwork is pivotal in achieving positive therapy results. She collaborates closely with clients, delving into their objectives and exploring how their values and lifestyles shape these aims. Antoinette aids clients in comprehending the interplay between past traumas, life lessons, and their current circumstances, empowering them to strive toward their optimal selves.
Antoinette has extensive experience working with diverse age groups and individuals from various backgrounds, recognizing the uniqueness of each person. Her adaptability to clients’ specific needs enables her to incorporate multiple therapeutic approaches, ensuring tailored and personalized care.
Her approach encompasses various modalities such as dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy, rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT), and many more. This diverse toolkit allows her to offer person-centered and individualized treatment.
A core aspect of Antoinette’s specialization lies in effective communication to support individuals in articulating their wants, needs, and aspirations. She firmly believes that clear and appropriate expression fosters deeper conversations, enabling clients to recognize their strengths even during challenging times.
Antoinette has bolstered her expertise through numerous post-graduate trainings, including:
- The Gottman Institute: Clinical Training Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Bridging the Couples Chasm
- The Gottman Institute: Gottman Method: Couples Therapy Level 2
- NYU Silver School of Social Work Post-Master’s Certificate Program: Advanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Albert Ellis Institute Advanced Certificate Practicum in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Albert Ellis Institute Primary Certificate Practicum in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Columbia University School of Social Work- Adult Psychopharmacology for Non-prescribing Clinicians
- PESI Certified Dialectical Behavior Therapy Professional (C-DBT) Training: An Advanced Online Skills Training for Adapting Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Everyday Clinical Needs
- PESI Group Therapy: Effective Strategies for a Successful Group Practice
- PESI Addictive Behaviors of Self-Preservation: Key Insights from the Internal Family Systems Model
- PESI Personality Disorders Certification Training: Advanced Diagnosis, Treatment & Management
- PESI CSTS Certification: Eating Disorders, Addictive Eating, Body Shame, and More
- National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center: Foundations of LIGBTQIA+ Health
- Clearly Clinical- Providing inclusive, Respectful Care to your Gender Questioning, Transgender & Non-Binary Clients
- Clearly Clinical- Narcissist: The Skilled Abuser Part II: How Narcissistic Personalities Effect Family Dynamics
- Clearly Clinical- Lifting Black Voices: Therapy, Trust and Racial Trauma
- PESI Suicidality: Assessment and Intervention
- PESI Eating Disorders, Addictive Eating, Body Shame, and More
- NetCe Professional Boundaries in Mental Health Care
- Make an Impact-The Good Enough Therapist: Futility, Failure, and Forgiveness in Treatment